What makes this activity unique?
Mandalay Morning Ride – a tour that can change people’s perceptions of dusty, noisy Mandalay, concentrating as it does on the quieter, leafier streets of the Eastern suburbs.
This is an easy morning’s ride, which gives a great chance to learn about the lives of the residents of Myanmar’s second city.
What is the plan?
- Meets at the point in Mandalay at 07.30 for bike fitting and Safety Briefing
- Rides approx. 1km to Nan Shay Market for a 15 or 20-minute visit.
- Another short ride takes the group to the area of Shwenandaw and Kuthodaw. The guide gives a brief history from the outside but does not normally enter either
- Along the way various local industries are shown, such as bamboo weaving and a noodle factory
- The route then winds through the backstreets of Eastern Mandalay, giving a close-up look at the lives of the residents
- Before long the group is in open rice fields with views of the Shan Mountains
- Smaller villages are visited and then the township of Pathengyi, where a snack stops is made at a local tea shop
- Continuing, the group might visit basket weaving and a cane fan maker
- The longest single stretch of cycling is about 5km (on a reasonably quiet road)
- A “tea shop lunch” is served in one of the tea shops near to the Grasshopper shop.
- After eating, the tour finishes back at the shop around 12.30
Validity from 01 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Please note that it is closed for Thingyan Festival from the 13th to the 17th April 2019 (inclusive).
|Age||Price Per Person (USD)|
Note: Private booking is available and tour price can be cheaper based on your group.